The island of Rhodes
Rhodes is the largest island of Dodecanese Islands at Aegean Sea. Abundant in sand beaches, wooded valleys, vivid culture and ancient history. Whatever you seek it’s all here - nightlife, beaches with crystal clear waters and a cultural journey through past civilizations. Family friendly Rhodes is a place that the present meets the past while cosmopolitan air and nightlife merges harmoniously with a traditional Aegean Island.
- The atmospheric medieval old town of Rhodes brings you back to the days of Byzantine Empire and beyond.
- The Palace of the Grand Masters reconstructed from Italians at 1940 in the old town.
- The ancient Doric city of Ialysos on Filerimos Hill.
- Marine aquarium in the town of Rhodes providing the impression of being underwater.
- Rodini Park in the town of Rhodes probably one of the oldest parks of the word.
- Seven Springs, a cool and magical landscape swamped in greenery.
- Valley of butterflies one of the most attractive attractions of Rhodes, in the western site of the island
- Acropolis of Lindos the most impressive archaeological site of the island.
- The ancient Kamiros is the third of the island’s ancient cities, located on the on the north –western shore of the island.
- Prasonisis - an island attached to Rhodes during summer time and detaches during winter. A unique place and surfers’ paradise.
Rhodes nightlife is famously vibrant with an array of bars, pubs and clubs around Rhodes Town, Faliraki , Lindos Town and the supurbs.
Faliraki has the reputation of the “Ibiza of Greece”. Action and Fun Both day and night is what Faliraki is all about.
Rhodes town has a fair share of nightlife with some fine restaurants for a leisure evening. The harbor is lined with bars and tavernas. Folk dance Theater in the old town presents performances from May to October. New town provides a selection of clubs and discos as well the traditional bouzouki –Greek music venues. A Casino is available in Rhodes town for those feeling lucky.
Lindos has plenty of bars restaurants and tavernas some of them rest on the rooftops and offer a fantastic night view of the resort.
During summer season Ixia beach gets rather windy this makes it ideal for wind surfing, kite surfing and jet skiing. For those that prefer to swim with larger waves then ixia is the perfect choice. If long moon light walking on the beach or spectacular sunsets is what you go for then ixia is simply the ideal place to be